Vinmar International is a global marketing, distribution and project development company that brings value to the world's leading producers and users of petrochemical products through tailored business solutions.
Vinmar International History
From humble beginnings in a Queens, NY apartment in 1978, Vinmar has steadily grown into a major player in the global petrochemicals industry today. The Houston headquarters and offices in 34 major markets work together to serve over 100 countries around the world with tailored business solutions that deliver value.
- Vinmar founded in 1978
- Plastics trading into India, China and other Asian countries
- Expanded into commodity petrochemicals
- Moved to Houston
- Recipient of the prestigious US President's "E" Export Award for promoting U.S. exports
- Expanded into additional markets including Mexico and Africa
- Continued geographical expansion into Latin America, Europe and Turkey
- Vinmar Projects is established
- Became active participants in global Olefins market
- Established Vinmar Singapore as headquarters for Asia/Pacific. Recognized by Singapore government
- Structured innovative supply contracts with large producers in Korea and Thailand during Asian financial crisis
- Founder Vijay Goradia is named Ernst & Young's Houston "Master Entrepreneur of the Year"
- 2001 - Vinmar signs a 10 year off-take agreement with Rio Polimeros for Polyethylene
- 2003 - Vinmar signs off-take agreement for 1, 4 Butanediol (BDO) and Tetrahydrofuran with the Gulf Advanced Chemicals Industries Company (member of Sipchem Group) - Saudi Arabia
- 2005 - Vinmar signs 10 year off-take agreement for Polypropylene with Advanced Petrochemical Company - Saudi Arabia
- 2006 - Vinmar Fuels division is added, enabling the company to participate in the Global Renewable Fuels Market
- Vinmar signs multi year off-take agreement for Benzene, O-X, P-X, Naphtha and Butane with Jurong Aromatics - Singapore
- Goradia Capital is established to acquire petrochemical manufacturing assets
- Premier Polymers is established for North American polymer distribution